POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL Access to Already Declared Objects? : Re: SDL Access to Already Declared Objects? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL Access to Already Declared Objects?
From: Chambers
Date: 24 Mar 2004 16:47:52
Message: <40620208$1@news.povray.org>
"Florian Brucker" <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote in message
> > The location of all objects is <0,0,0> until acted on by translations /
> > rotations.  The final location is the sum of these transformations.
>
> sphere { y*10,1 } is located at the origin? Well Real Life (tm) is not
> logical, either, so why not :)

Well, OK, that would start located at <0,10,0> - but that's because you
define the center of it there!

> About your particle system:

I'm not writing one.  That was just one example of what it would be useful
for.

> Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a syntax like the one you described
> (and I'd like write-access, too *g*). But in most cases you can use a
> pretty clean workaround.

Well, write access might be nice, but I thought asking for less would
increase the probability of implementation :)

OK, so even if we don't do the whole POV syntax, would it be possible just
to get object positions like this?

--
...Chambers
http://www.geocities.com/bdchambers79